Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Mario & Zelda Legend Shigeru Miyamoto Ruthlessly ROASTS His Own Child For Failing At Mario 64: “Does This Kid Have Any Brains?”

    December 22, 2024

    Asmongold Predicts Career-Ending Fallout for Haliey Welch Following Disturbing “Hawk Tuah” Coin Controversy

    December 22, 2024

    Once Obscure Marvel Charcter Jeff the Land Shark To Join Marvel Rivals

    December 21, 2024
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Subscribe
    GamiuxGamiux
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    • Home
    • Entertainment
      • Kick
      • Twitch
      • Youtube
    • Gaming
    • eSports
    GamiuxGamiux
    Home » Sony and Microsoft Reach Agreement for Call of Duty Franchise
    Call of Duty

    Sony and Microsoft Reach Agreement for Call of Duty Franchise

    Cecil SalesBy Cecil SalesJuly 18, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Reddit WhatsApp Email

    Sony and Microsoft have made a huge deal to keep the Call of Duty franchise on PlayStation for the next 10 years. This deal ends a year-long fight between the two companies, which got worse when Microsoft said in January 2022 that it planned to buy Activision Blizzard.

    Sony and Microsoft Reach Agreement for Call of Duty Franchise

    Even though Microsoft’s original announcement didn’t say how long the deal would last, Kari Perez, head of global communications at Xbox, has confirmed that it is a 10-year deal. But it’s important to remember that this deal only applies to the Call of Duty series and not to other games by Activision.

    We are pleased to announce that Microsoft and @PlayStation have signed a binding agreement to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation following the acquisition of Activision Blizzard. We look forward to a future where players globally have more choice to play their favorite games.

    — Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) July 16, 2023

    Since Microsoft’s first offer to Sony, which was to keep all Activision console games on PlayStation until December 31, 2027, the deal’s terms have changed. Now that the agreement has been changed, it only applies to Call of Duty.

    At first, Sony didn’t want to make a deal like this with Microsoft because they were worried that the game might only be available on PlayStation or that it might be broken.

    But at the FTC vs. Microsoft hearing, Ryan, the head of PlayStation, sent a bombshell email saying that he was sure Call of Duty would stay on PlayStation for years to come.

    Sony and Microsoft came to an agreement after months of negotiations and counteroffers. This shows how complicated the talks were about the future of Activision content on PlayStation.

    When Jim Ryan, CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, and Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision, met, Ryan said he didn’t like the merger and wanted to stop it. This meeting was a turning point in these talks.

    From Day One of this acquisition, we’ve been committed to addressing the concerns of regulators, platform and game developers, and consumers. Even after we cross the finish line for this deal’s approval, we will remain focused on ensuring that Call of Duty remains available on… https://t.co/hMWjC58wRi

    — Brad Smith (@BradSmi) July 16, 2023

    Microsoft has always said that it makes financial sense to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation and that taking it off of Sony’s consoles wouldn’t help. Phil Spencer, who is in charge of Xbox, said under oath in court that Call of Duty will still be available on PlayStation 5.

    Now, the focus is on the regulatory situation in the UK, where Microsoft’s proposed deal was blocked earlier this year. The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) and Microsoft have put their legal battles on hold while they talk about possible changes that would address the CMA’s concerns about cloud gaming.

    The CMA moved the deadline for its investigation to August 29. This could cause a small delay in the closing of the deal.

    As we all eagerly wait for the outcome of these talks, it’s clear that the Call of Duty deal between Sony and Microsoft is a big deal for the gaming industry as a whole. The partnership makes sure that PlayStation players will be able to play the series for the next ten years.

    Let us know your thoughts on this historic deal in the comments section below.

    Call of Duty Playstation Sony and Microsoft
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Email
    Previous ArticleCall of Duty’s Crimsix shares his thoughts on the ongoing GOAT debate
    Next Article How To Play Omen Like a Pro in Valorant!
    Cecil Sales
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Mod H2M Creators Reveals Real Reason Activision SHUT DOWN Popular Fan-made Porject

    August 17, 2024

    Modern Warfare 2 Remastered H2M Mod SHUT DOWN By Activision, Call of Duty Community in Uproar

    August 16, 2024

    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered’s MW2 Multiplayer Mod: A Resurgence of Nostalgia

    August 12, 2024

    XDefiant’s HUGE Success and Its Effect On Activision’s Call of Duty; Will COD Follow XDefiant’s Lead As Free-To-Play (FTP)?

    June 1, 2024

    “A** Backward SBMM”: Former Call of Duty World Champion TeeP Exposes Flaws in Modern Warfare’s Ranked Play System

    January 11, 2024

    The Top 5 Players Shaping the Call of Duty League Right Now

    January 2, 2024
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks
    Top Reviews
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Gaming

    Mario & Zelda Legend Shigeru Miyamoto Ruthlessly ROASTS His Own Child For Failing At Mario 64: “Does This Kid Have Any Brains?”

    By DanarqhyDecember 22, 2024

    The legendary Shigeru Miyamoto, the mastermind behind iconic franchises like Super Mario and The Legend…

    Asmongold Predicts Career-Ending Fallout for Haliey Welch Following Disturbing “Hawk Tuah” Coin Controversy

    December 22, 2024

    Once Obscure Marvel Charcter Jeff the Land Shark To Join Marvel Rivals

    December 21, 2024

    xQc ROASTS Kai Cenat As Nasty Feud Escalates: “I Have AMP’s Entire Net Worth on a USB Stick”

    December 21, 2024
    About Us
    About Us

    Gamiux is a top source for gaming and eSports news, tutorials, how-tos, reviews, and much more.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    Latest News
    New Comments
      Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
      • Home
      • About
      • Contact
      • Privacy Policy
      • Authors
      © 2026 Gamiux. All Rights Reserved.

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.